The Region and things to do...
The nearest large towns are Cahors and Figeac
wonderful for their markets and mediaeval buildings. Dramatic cliff-top
villages and the exceptionally beautiful Lot and Célé
rivers provide inspiration as well as opportunities for swimming,
canoeing, walking, painting or just picnicking and lazing around.
Horse-riding and tennis are available locally. The house has table
tennis and badminton. In the summer many villages have a 'foire de brocante'
and so if you enjoy hunting for antique bargains this can be a full-time
activity. Alternatively, you may prefer to explore the local vineyards
and taste the famous Cahors wines!
- continue by car
- Dover to Calais or Boulogne
- Portsmouth to Le Havre
- Portsmouth to Caen
- Newhaven to Dieppe
- drive from Boulogne/Calais - 530 miles: 8-9 hours
- drive from Le Havre - 460 miles: 6-7 hours
- continue by hirecar (Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Avis)
- CityJet from London to Brive
- BA/Air France/Easyjet to Toulouse
- Ryan Air to Brive, Rodez, Limoges, Carcassonne, Bergerac
- drive from Brive Souillac: 1hr
- drive from Toulouse approx: 1hr 30m
- drive from Rodez approx: 1hr 45m
- drive from Limoges: 2hrs
- drive from Bergerac approx: 2hrs
- London - Paris - Cahors: 8hrs
- drive from Cahors: 25 mins